Last week I noticed we were running low on emulsion, so I decided to make a purchase at SilkScreeningSupplies for some new supplies. Whenever I place an order with them, I always try to order at least $100 worth of supplies to take advantage of their free shipping on all orders over $100. SilkScreeningSupplies also sends out a monthly newsletter with their promos, which I took advantage of when I placed my order. I received a Qt of Ryonet White Plastisol ink for free for spending over $99, which I was planning to do to get the free shipping anyways.
Here’s what I ordered:
- CCI DXP Diazo-Photopolymer Dual Cure Direct Emulsion Qt
- Aluminum 20×24″ 156 White Mesh: used to pass ink through your design onto the shirt, however there are 156 holes per inch which allows for more details to be printed than 110. Most popular for black because black ink is a think ink.
- IC 700 Series Black Gallon
- 6″ Flexible Ink Spatula: flexible blade allows for easy ink application on the screen; also used for removing ink from screen
- Plasti-Solve Ink Remover: low residue, quick drying Ink Remover that is VOC compliant. Simply spray out any small (uncured plastisol) ink droplet within a matter of seconds, saving your hard earned money.
- Exposure Calculator and Step Wedge Exposure Guide, with instructions: the easiest way to ensure durable stencils, every time. In a single exposure, this 10-step guide tells you how to adjust your exposure time for complete stencil curing.
- Econo Washout Booth Stand / Screen Holder: fits into your washout sink and holds the screen up out of the dirty water
- IC Ryonet White Qt (received free as part of Ryonet’s August 2010′s Monthly Promo)
I’ve also updated the Equipment – SP002 blog post to include the new equipment and supplies.